Tuesday, September 9, 2008

3 years for grace!


being our third child, we only assumed our daughter would arrive as early as her brothers had at 38 and 37 weeks of pregnancy. so once i hit 39 weeks, the word "eager" was an understatement. pregnancy to me is so miraculous, but i was ready to meet my new child. i had been having contractions steadily for a week, however i felt it was not the time. but on the morning of friday september 9th, i knew it was the day my daughter would arrive. after dropping off wyatt at a class and having hard contractions in the car, i popped into my midwife's office and she checked me and said i did not even have enough time to go home it would be that fast. so i quickly drove past our home to drop owen off to my mom and grabbed todd and we were off to the hospital. that was at 10am. hours and hours passed. but at 7:16 pm my beautiful grace came into our lives. she truly was the most beautiful thing my eyes had ever seen.
over the past three years, grace has grown into a special little girl. she has a perfect balance of energy and peacefulness. she is happy and delightful. everything is exciting to her and she is eager to try new things. though she is dainty and girly, she is brave and resilient. it is common to see her playing soccer in her prettiest dress. she is so bright and insightful, yet is giggly and playful. to me she is perfect! she brightens my life and brings a smile to my face! happy birthday to my sweet gracie!

0 comments: