Saturday, August 23, 2008

homemade dogfood


not sure if i am ready to commit to this in life, however our sweet mabel is finicky. i switched from junky dogfood last year to the expensive food from the feed store and she was not too thrilled but she ate it...a few weeks ago i switched to organic vegetarian food but she refused to eat for 2 days then gave in and nibbled on it. so back to her regular food this week, but now seeing this i wonder if i can handle this on top of 3 kids and a hubby? if anyone tries it out let me know how it goes. it may be my challenge for next week. this week's goal of getting a recycling garbage can for my diet coke cans--accomplished.

1 cup of whole grain, organic rice, oatmeal, or pasta-cooked.
1 cup of organic shredded chicken or fish-cooked. I use canned if I have not made chicken or fish during the week.
1 tsp of safflower oil
1 unflavored crushed tums
Dash of salt
1 crushed up all natural children's vitamin
"I make this once a week and store it in the refrigerator. For variety, I process any organic cooked veggies we are having."

2 comments:

tinysprouts.com said...

jen-I do this with our dogs sometimes but not 100%. it is a big committment and they say if you switch to a diet like that that your dog will never go back to the dry stuff. we should both be committed to at least 3 days a week for our dogs. we could keep each other on track!

Jennifer Williams said...

okay let's do it together!!