Sunday, October 19, 2008

hero day.

i have always thought in school when they ask to choose a "hero" is such an obscure concept. i do believe that there are people in this world that do have true iconic "heroes" such as a sportstar looking up to a past sports figure or a politician respecting a president of our history. but a hero to me is someone that is an everyday figure that "rescues" someone...either figuratively or in reality. wyatt is assigned to do a biographical report on his hero--so limited by the non-fiction rack of biographies at barnes and noble, he had to "choose" a hero. he was happy to do a report on neil armstrong and cannot wait to wear my spacecamp jumpsuit from when i was a child. so it has left me wondering who is my hero? i truly think i have not met me hero yet---or at least if i have, the heroic act needed to be given the name of my hero has not occured as of yet. however, my family is my life and they lead me and drive me each day. that is all the "hero" i need!!!!!



if i could choose 4 people to meet and report on, i would chose as most interesting and inspiring:



al gore


annie sullivan (helen keller's teacher)


priscilla mullins (my pilgrim relative)
my grandma bess

who would yours be?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

My four people are
Rudolph Stiener
Imogen Cunningham
Hitler
T Bonne Pickens