Friday, May 29, 2009

mission statement

when i took on the "job" of being a mother, i set out to write a mission statement. i typed it up and hung it on the wall. today it still is framed and hung, but now a picture owen drew when he was 3 years old has slid in in front of it. even though the words are hidden, i still know my mission. today my two boys boys graduate...owen from kindergarten and wyatt moving up from 3rd grade. it is sure to be an emotional day. 9 years later, my mission is still the same...


We hope to provide a safe home for our children that will enable them to be happy in life and develop the following qualities. Our Love Forever, Mommy and Daddy
~honesty and integrity
~ability to form and keep meaningful relationships
~sensitivity to differences in others and compassion for those in need
~curiosity and desire to learn and explore
~self-worth and confidence to make positive choices and except responsibility for faults
~desire to try your hardest to solve problems
~wisdom to lead others
~intimacy
~sense of humor
~respect for life and nature

Today is yet another milestone of the many that are in store for my children. I hope I can always remember the feeling I have today. Remember the feeling of still being able to have Owen sit on my lap and snuggle. The feeling of having Wyatt still grab my hand as we walk across a street. I love my sons.

0 comments: